Friday 9 February 2007

A poem by Babar Ahmad

Where Would I Be Without The Quran?

A Poem By Babar Ahmad
Date: 21-Sep-2004

Where would I be without the Quran?
Would I be guided?
Would I be strong?
Would I be protected from evil and wrong?
Would I hear my Creator’s Words?
Would I hear Him describe the birds?
Would I know the stories of the old?
Would I realise their worth in gold?

Where would I be without the Quran?
Would I find safety when others fear?
Would I find peace whilst sitting here?
Would I be happy when others are sad?
Would I be protected from going mad?
Would I be patient when things get tough?
Would I be firm when the seas are rough?

Where would I be without the Quran?
Would I get to know the One above?
Would I increase for him my love?
Would I be aware of the Day to come?
Would I value what is worthless to some?
Would I be able to sleep at night?
Would I be able to see with His light?

Where would I be without the Quran?
Would I have examples to follow?
Would I rejoice when others are in sorrow?
Would I have fear of the Burning Fire?
Would I be at the bottom of the sea, And have hope, that one day, my Lord will release me?

2 comments:

~*Sabrun Jamil*~ said...

Assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

SubhanAllah. Jazakillahu khairan sister for sharing this, may Allah release the brother soon and all the muslim captives Ameen.

Allahumma fukka qayda asraana wa asral-muslimeen, Allahumma fukka qayda asraana wa asral-muslimeen, Allahumma fukka qayda asraana wa asral-muslimeen, wa ruddahum ila ahlihim salimeen.

O Allah! break free the shackles of our prisoners and the prisoners of the Muslims, O Allah, break free the shackles of our prisoners and the prisoners of the Muslims, O Allah, break free the shackles of our prisoners and the prisoners of the Muslims, and return them safely to their families.


Ameen!!
Fi amanillah sweet Fahmida

Just your average... said...

Wassalam sis

Jazakallah and ameen to the dua